Bad smells are EVERYWHERE! When you are pregnant, all you can do is try to escape the horrid smells that surround you. The smells help you throw up, make you ill when you thought you were doing okay, and make the already queasy, much more queasy.

Well sisters, I have a few helps/solutions.
1. First of all, the garbage can in my house was always a disgusting place for smells. It was an open trash can and I had an epiphany one day when I realized I needed to invest in a lid trash can.
Who wants to pay $100.00 for a can?
Not me!
There are so many solutions for a trash can with a lid.
Start with Walmart, Target, Ross, TJ Maxx.
I ended up getting a stainless steel can at Target $39.99.
My husband thought I was crazy, but it helped me when I walked in the door from work and didn't smell trash right away, worth every stinkin' penny!
2. Plug-In Odor-Neutralizer for wherever the smell is created. Bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, garage, or even bedroom!
I bought mine at Wal-Mart. You can find them in the fans, and hardware section, not the air freshener section.  Make sure you don't buy one that is just an air freshener. They mask the odor, you need one that really is heavy duty. The spray odor neutralizers work for a few minutes, but I got a plug-in, save my life odor neutralizer. You can use a smell insert into the actual base of the neutralizer, or don't use one at all. I recommend not using one, because that smell could make you sick, or you could just get sick of it. Oh the beauty of pregnancy.
3. Peppermint Oil/Any other essential oil that you enjoy smelling. (Lemon, Lavender, Orange)
Peppermint is supposed to help with nausea and I carried one around in my purse faithfully. You can get any brand at a health food store for under $15.00. You can also just find one online. This is the one I used because my mom already had it. :) As soon as you smell something disgusting. Bam, put that oil under your nose. Or, at night when I was so sick, I would just rub it in my nostrils. Any smells that are good you need to embrace. I love the smell of freshly cut cucumbers, so if I was feeling sick, I would run to the fridge and cut a cucumber. It worked. (I hate eating cucumbers, weird woes of pregos).





2 Comments

  1. Really helpful post for me! i am 12 weeks pregnant and i feel bad smell in mostly things and i feel nausea. Now i will try all the things you mention in your post. Thanks for sharing us.
    IVF in uttar Pradesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great tips! I am also feeling bad smell in my first trimester. I will try your 3 tips. Thank you very much
    Surrogacy in uttar pradesh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I love to oil paint, scrapbook and teach school of course. I married Mr. Guitar handsome man in June 2009. He goes to school working to be a doc. So he can be Dr. Clark, and I just sit around and write lesson plans. I enjoy basketball, volleyball, track, and dance of course. Brad enjoys Chemistry, Physics and Religion classes. But mostly he enjoys soccer, his guitar, and his wife. We live in an apartment that resembles a small hole in the cold ground and love being together.
Powered by Blogger.